away for the weekend: scavenger hunt sunday - a day on campus

Sunday, October 28, 2012

scavenger hunt sunday - a day on campus

A Stroll through Campus
As the daylight hours grow shorter, I've come to realize that my best photo opportunities are at work – and fortunately for me, I work on a college campus where there is always something going on and the atmosphere is vibrant!
So please come walk with me as I tour my campus for this week’s scavenger hunt.

Patterns
I often walk through the Art Gallery in the Student Center. The exhibits change frequently, and this particular exhibit caught my eye. The patterns of fabric and stitching in this quilt are truly exquisite. More work by the artist (as well as closeups of this one) can be seen here.



Machine
- my favorite kind of machine and apparently a favorite among students, as well.


Signs or Logos
As you can probably imagine, it’s nearly impossible to walk through a college campus without spotting hundreds of logos - t-shirts, sweatshirts, notebooks, bags… they're everywhere. This guy is my favorite - his image is used in many of our logos. Beloved by students and alumni (and even staff), it’s believed that rubbing his nose brings good luck. You can see that his shiny nose is rubbed often!




Rocks or Stones

The stone façade of the modern library adds an earthy touch to the urban setting.



Sparkle
I walk by this sculpture daily going to and from my car but never noticed how it sparkles in the sun until walking past it at mid-day.



Thanks for dropping in!

17 comments:

  1. These are great! I see that you're in Boston too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shiny sparkle! Could that be Northeastern U's husky?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a vibrant place to work! That quilt is amazing. I wish I had the talent and patience to attempt something like that.....but MUCH less intricate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great set! The campus looks like a beautiful place to work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! I really love your sparkle shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the artwork in the pattern shot is really nice! i like that big pup, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love your rocks/stone picture. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting setting for photo moments. You could spend your entire day walking about taking photos.

    Not knowing what your role is in this institution of higher learning, but I bet the energy must be invigorating and tiring or both at times. Nevertheless the atmosphere must remind you when you attended school... a mere few years ago. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That quilt is AMAZING! I'm in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some pretty neat finds on campus. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed the campus tour very much! Great photos, especially the sculpture. Have a nice week. Take care, Mildred

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is a great message. We are thrilled.
    I use Canon cameras?
    They know and love the Canon Digital monsters too.
    Japanese children sports day has ended.
    Now is the season of autumn leaves taken.
    From Japan.
    Ryoma Sakamoto.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW..I can't believe that first shot is a QUILT!!!! That is amazing in it's intricacy (which I guess why it is hanging in a gallery, right?!?!? haha). But your "sparkle" shot is amazing...I almost feel like I should put on sunglasses to look at that photo. Great job all around.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great treat to spend some time with you on campus looking for photo opportunities! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. very very fun set! love all the pics... there is something cozy about a collage campus... ;) i love that art!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear from you -
Your comments make me smile!