away for the weekend: rural thursday

Thursday, October 18, 2012

rural thursday


Well - as I suspected might happen, we missed peak foliage in Vermont.
All those farms, barns, and covered bridges nestled in the mountains ablaze in color.
Yep - I missed it.
Grrrrrr - sigh....
Okay - I'm over it. Better luck next year, and all that...
Anyway -
We were happy to spend last weekend with some very old friends (you know what I mean),
and after attending a really great craft show, we headed over to Taylor Farm to
replenish our cheese supply.



The chickens make me laugh - just a little bit (okay, maybe a lot).



And just look at all those bare trees!
Grrrrr
No really, I'm over it...


And if I knew a little more about farming,
I might understand what keeps the cows from walking over the edge...


One thing I do know - I always have fun visiting this farm.
And - they make some great Gouda!



I am joining Nancy at A Rural Journal
and

for



Thanks for dropping in!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, you visited me and here I am visiting you. It's good to know others on the other side of the world! We stayed in Vermont a good few years ago and we missed the colour too! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tasted Vermont cheese but I betcha it's gouda. (Sorry.)

    Thanks for sharing at RT this week Karen. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love these pics! what a great day you must have had :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos and sounds like a great weekend despite missing the foliage ~ Enjoy this weekend coming up ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chickens make me laugh too! When I go to collect eggs in the afternoon they all come running up to me looking for kitchen scraps.

    Our trees were pretty colors for about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks. They are mostly bare or brown now. I blame the drought and wind.

    Most cattle don't like to step down steep places.

    I have never had fresh non-store cheese. I bet it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! Sorry you missed the fall color :( There's always next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm...cheese.
    Looks like a fun place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm, what does keep that cow from going over the edge? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry you missed the Autumn leaves, but it sure sounds like a fun place to visit. I love cheese! Hope you enjoy the upcoming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should be here in southwest VA; autumn is glorious this year!

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear from you -
Your comments make me smile!