away for the weekend: watery wednesday - frozen hideaway

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

watery wednesday - frozen hideaway

Whew - it's only Wednesday, and already it's been a crazy, busy week-
budget projection deadlines, long days, late dinners - you know the drill
Anyway -
last night, done for the day, I grabbed a nice big handful of chocolate chips,
plopped on the couch and started pinning healthy recipes.
Okay, so the irony wasn't lost on me, and I switched to crafts - madly pinning crochet patterns.
Boy - this cold weather has me crocheting up a storm!
Scarves, throws, cowls, boot cuffs - yep, this stylin' 50-something is sporting cowls and boot cuffs.
Soooo -
just when you thought I was rambling without a cause,
I'll bring you to my wintery frozen water scenes


A few of you remarked at the lack of snow in my last post of barn photos.
Taken by surprise - I scrolled back up to take another look at my photos.
Whoa - you were right!



These photos were also taken last weekend - only a few miles away.
Go figure...


How about this cabin hideaway?!
As a kid, I sure would have loved this bridge.

And then,



over by the West River, on another snowshoe outing, I spied this little snowman -
out in the middle of nowhere.
It made me smile to think that someone took a break from their hike to build this little guy.


Thanks for dropping in!

14 comments:

  1. wow, i love the cabin getaway - awesome view there. the hubby & i talk about that all the time. we wonder if we would want to go to the same place over & over. we enjoy seeing new places. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. the snowman made me smile too! and you're 50-something?! no way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoy your photographs, and especially these snowy scenes. Also, I love that you eat chocolate chips out of the bag too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found an interest place to take some photos. I'll never complain about the lack of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful wintery scenes...its just so natural to have snow in Vermont!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that cabin hideaway! It looks so charming and cozy.

    PS - I have a weakness for chocolate chips as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos and I hope you thoroughly enjoyed the chocolate chips. One needs sustenance when pinning healthy food.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute little hideaway and I love the bridge leading to it! I would love to have a place like that! The snowman is cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh your posts always make me smile! funny how pinterest is, i pin healthy stuff and then something right next to it with a million calories :D i think it balances out in the end! beautiful photos and i love that cute little snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That little snowman brought a smile to my face!
    I would love to spend some time in that cabin. I bet it would be cozy to be holed up in there for awhile. Now, getting to it across that bridge - not so sure of that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that frozen snowman and all your frosty winter shots! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear from you -
Your comments make me smile!