away for the weekend: ocean or mountains?

Thursday, August 9, 2012

ocean or mountains?



Ocean or mountains?
In New England we're fortunate to have both.
But still, we ask the question...
If you had to choose, which would it be?
You may have figured out by now that I'm a mountain gal.




Even so, my summer is never quite complete without one or two afternoons on the beach.
Last week I headed to Crane Beach in Ipswich, Massachusetts for an afternoon of reading, people-watching and snapping pictures -


I loved this shot of the litte girl trying to catch the kite. This first shot is basically unedited, but I couldn't resist playing with it a little bit - one of my first attempts editing focus and textures (Kim Klassen sunkissed).






This guy had a lot to say
I think he was demanding very politely asking for my sandwich


It's early August, but summer feels almost at an end.
sigh
until next year...

I am joining Deb Duty for This or That Thursday
My Chaos My Bliss for Photo Story Friday


Thanks for dropping in!

5 comments:

  1. Great catch of the little girl reaching for the kite - and the texture really makes it feel vintage. I know that it is only early August but I get that 'autumn is coming feeling' too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the editing on the little girl and kite - looks great! Um, I don't think I can choose - I love the beach. And here in Texas, summer is still very hot and will be through September and even October. sigh. Oh wait I know what I choose - Mountains with their cooler air - definitely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've lived near the ocean and loved it, so now I would choose the mountains -- I do love both and am grateful to be a New Englander.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lot of fun!!! nice shot of the kite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so fortunate to have both mountains and the beach to choose from. Lovely images.

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear from you -
Your comments make me smile!