Happy Friday -
and a very happy birthday to my sister!
it's time to join Nancy over at A Rural Journal for a little randomness
1) We were fortunate to begin our winter vacation with our daughters, Maggie and Laura.
Hiking the Overlook Trail in a couple feet of snow was probably not one of my brighter ideas,
but we were pretty happy to have made it to the top.
2) Warming up between runs with a cup of hot chocolate,
Greg and I noticed a group of snowboarders taking photos of this snowboard hanging in the tavern at Bromley Mountain. Apparently an underdog - Alex, who grew up in Vermont, won Bronze in Sochi.
3) Turns out there were 16 Vermonters participating in the Sochi Olympics.
This little state sure is proud of all their olympians!
4) Normally at this time I'd be feeling a little bummed out that vacation is coming to an end.
But not so fast - we are so lucky to have one of our very favorite couples joining us for the weekend!
5) Earlier this week, we got a call from our oldest daughter, Maggie -
letting us know she is headed to Georgia (today) a week earlier than planned to begin a through hike
of the Appalachian Trail.
This worried mom surely would appreciate all your prayers and well-wishes for her safety and well-being as she spends the next few months in the woods (eeek!!)
That's it for me - I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!