1) Winter is quickly coming to Vermont. I'm really hoping for a snowy one, but then, that probably falls into the category of
2) My next-door-neighbor goes all out with seasonal lawn decorations. While I don't share the same holiday style, I have to admit that their colorful lights are a cheery welcome when I drive home at night.
3) Which reminds me of a December afternoon 25 years ago. While I thought my 2-year-old was napping, I watched out my window feeling a bit dismayed over my neighbors setting up what I felt was an extremely tacky display. When I "woke" my daughter from her nap, she excitedly took me by the hand and led me to the window exclaiming -
"Mommy, mommy - the most byoooo-tiful thing!"
Ah, how differently the world looks through the eyes of children.
4) And how about online shopping - neat, huh?
The other morning I woke to the news report that three women in my town have been following the delivery truck and snatching packages off doorsteps. Really?!?!?!
Sigh - time for a little meditation -
Ohhmmm - most people are good, most people are good, most people are good...
5) Okay - faith in humanity restored.
I wish you all a very happy weekend and hope you find a little time to simply enjoy!
Thanks for dropping in!