My birthday is Monday, and I'm going to be 50 - again.
I know, most people would probably stay 49, but I'm good with 50.
I kind of wear it like a badge of honor.
But that's it - I'm staying 50 for the indefinite future.
Besides - staying 50 means not having to do that math in the head thing whenever I try to remember my age.
for this week's random 5, I'm sharing 5 reasons why 50 is nifty.
1) The 20s were all about starting out - finding our way in the world, the 30s were all about the kids,
the 40s were all about the teens (ugh) -
so now the 50s get to be about me.
I've reached a point in my life where I'm pretty comfortable just being me.
2) I've never had much style - and now I really don't care.
When I'm not looking my best, a baseball cap and sunglasses do the trick.
3) I no longer ask myself what I want to be when I grow up.
Yep - I finally figured it out - retired!
4) I'm still young enough to think of myself as still being young enough -
5) I now understand that there are a whole lot of things that I can't control and
I've gained the serenity to accept that - well, mostly
(okay, yeah, maybe the rest comes at 60)
That's it for me this week. We're headed to the Weston Playhouse to
see (a small stage production of) 42nd Street!
Have a wonderful weekend!