Pages

▼

Thursday, June 14, 2012

june flowers

One of the drawbacks of going away on weekends is that feeling of always running behind on things to be done at home. I'm a little late this year planting my window boxes.


Last Sunday was one of those truly beautiful June days that we sometimes get here in New England. I enjoyed a weekend at home planting and puttering. I'm keeping my windowboxes low maintenance this year - impatiens, million bells and some spiky plants for height.

It will be a while before they fill in enough to enjoy. In the meantime, my perennials are enjoying our mild year.

My fringed bleeding hearts have been reliable bloomer every year








I transplanted the foxglove last fall and am so happy to see them bloom in their new location



These are Endless Summer hydrangeas. In the past they've been a more vibrant blue - but I think I'm liking this soft muted color.



And - for an added splash of color, I made a wreath for our front door.


Wishing you all a happy, colorful June!


I am sharing with

A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday
The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday

Thanks for dropping in!


6 comments:

  1. Your pictures are lovely! Love that fringed bleeding heart, it is beautiful!! Love the cat in the window!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband's father was from Vermont and a year ago we finally got to visit the old home place. I had never been to New England before and visiting in the Fall, it was exceptionally beautiful. You have such a nice weekend place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is this time of the year I wish I lived further north - so many gorgeous flowers blooming - Is that a perennial geranium? Love all your gorgeous blooms and the mosaic - I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting. I don't always have a post to share, but usually follow along. Yes, I think that's a geranium, but I moved so many last year that I wasn't sure. Thanks for your kind comment.

      Delete
  4. Hi Karen,

    I miss living in Vermont which is such a beautiful place. Your flowers are gorgeous as well as the beautiful wreath you created.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen! I love the wreath on your front door, The bleeding heart and of course your lovely mosaic. Thank you for sharing.
    ~Clara

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear from you -
Your comments make me smile!